Simon Mumford
31 March 2025, 7:01 PM
As members of the Richmond Police District continue their investigations into the 'suspicious' fire that caused massive damage to the old Richmond River High Campus in North Lismore last Friday night, the NSW Department of Education has provided further updates.
Police have handed back the school site to the department, which has been secured.
The agricultural plot and farm are, once again, available for Richmond River High students to use.
NSW Department of Education Executive Director, Rural North, Meghanne Wellard said, “Support has been made available for staff and students, and we will continue to prioritise their wellbeing in response to the loss of these buildings that have meant so much to the school and wider community.
“Students should attend as normal, but should not hesitate to contact staff if they would like support in coming to terms with what has happened.”
The department told the Lismore App that planning is continuing for the rebuilding of the campus on the new North Lismore site, to the north of Lake Street, which was bought last year.